Growth program for Scale-up companies launches in Autumn with top mentors from the Nordics03.06.2021
Only 0,4% of companies manage to scale their business. We at Verona Growth want to increase this number and have thus partnered up with Di ScaleUp, ,ScaleUp XQ, Maria01 and Startup Säätiö to create Nordic ScaleUp Academy, a new Nordic growth program for scale-ups. The first program starts next Autumn and the call for companies is now open.
The year long Nordic ScaleUp Academy program consists of monthly workshops, one-to-one mentoring and Nordic peer support. The confirmed mentors so far are TeroOjanperä (Silo.ai), Maija Itkonen (Gold&Green), Aape Pohjavirta (Funzi), MariLuukkainen (Icebreaker.vc), Mikko Koskinen (Kyrö Distillery) and Mikko Suonenlahti (investor) from Finland, and Pär-Jörgen Pärson (Northzone, Spotify), Aurore Belfrage (angel investor) and Anders Wahlquist (B-Reel) from Sweden.
The program is led by entrepreneurs who have made the growth journey before you. Entrepreneurs who have struggled with the same challenges and obstacles as you and overcome them and have practical experience in scaling up businesses. The program goes through all the critical stepping stones for a growing company and makes sure that the learnings from the program will become permanent ways of working in the companies.
Nordic ScaleUp Academy has been created with the support from Nordic Innovation and the Nordic partnership includes Verona Growth (FI), Di ScaleUp (SWE), ScaleUp XQ (NOR), Maria 01 (FIN) and Startup Säätiö (FIN). The program is based on ScaleUp methodology, which has proven to be successful in more than 70 000 companies globally. One of the programm partners, Di ScaleUp, has helped over 75 Swedish companies scale up with this methodology during the last three years. We are now taking the program to the next level in the Nordics by adding mentors and partners from Finland, Norway and Sweden.
The call for scale-ups is open
The call for companies for the Nordic ScaleUp Academy program is open to all companies with an annual turnover of at least EUR 2 million and at least ten employees.
The Nordics have a vital startup ecosystem, but only a few of the companies manage to scale their businesses. The requirement for scaling your business is that the processes, practices and hierarchies are also scalable. During the program, we will go through all growth-relevant topics in your company to ensure that the lessons learned during the program will turn into permanent practices. The participating companies will save time and money when they don’t have to learn from failure but instead learn through a proven method.
● The time you spend with the program is time invested in your company. Everything we do is related to your business. This is hands-on working rather than listening to inspirational speeches.
● You get concrete tools and learn new ways of working that you can utilise in your daily business and it will pay off for many years.
● Perspective and new ideas from peers and mentors. Save time by not reinventing the wheel, but by getting learnings and peer support from other entrepreneurs.
● Become part of the Nordic Scalers community and build lifelong partnerships. Share knowledge and valuable ideas and get support from other Nordic scale-ups.
● Implementing the methodology will save time, help attract and keep the right talent, improve your cashflow and increase your company value.
● Participants can apply for funding from the public funding agency in Sweden, Finland, Norway and Iceland.
Interested in the Program?
Check out the recording for the introduction webinar of Nordic Scale-Up Academy, where Pelle Tornell, the head coach of the program introduces the program and the ScalingUp methodology.
For more information and applying, visit: